Knowledge Media refers to the convergence of information and communication technologies (eg. internet, multimedia, mobiles), with specific application to the challenges of learning and sensemaking (academic and workplace).
The role of Knowledge Media in the work of the Learning Emergence network is specifically tuned to understanding their intersection with deep learning and professional development, for instance:
- enabling the more effective development of learning-to-learn skills and dispositions
- scaffolding authentic enquiry
- mediating and capturing mentoring for learning
- augmenting personal and especially collective sensemaking
- modelling and visualizing social and conceptual networks in complex systems
See the Tools menu for examples of software that is being developed and deployed…